Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Yesterday's post on Halliburton was awesome. What a way to come back from a break!
Today, I hope to beat it. I have noticed over the last several years an increase in the number of times we conservatives are called "Nazis". Knowing full well nothing could be further from the truth, I jumped on my cyber-surfboard and rode a wave deep into the mind of Adolf Hitler himself...
Since the Left loves to call us conservatives "Nazis," I figured I would take a few minutes today and explain exactly what a Nazi is, just so everyone knows what these people are saying.
The NAtionalistische SoZIalist Deutscher Arbeitspartei (Nationalist Socialist German Workers' Party or NSDAP) was the party of Adolf Hitler, who rose to power in Germany prior to world War II, and brought upon this world one of the most disgusting and heinous regimes the world had ever seen. He was Saddam Hussein's idol.
The party platform, announced by Hitler in 1920 (and unchanged since then), emphasized 25 points:
1. We demand the unification of all Germans in the Greater Germany on the basis of the right of self-determination of peoples.This would be the same as demanding, with military force, that the United States and Canada become one country simply because both countries are dominated by English-speaking people. I know of not a single American conservative or liberal who would support this.
2. We demand equality of rights for the German people in respect to the other nations; abrogation of the peace treaties of Versailles and St. Germain.If Hitler and his cohorts felt that Germany had been cheated in these treaties, they were certaily within their rights to call the parties back to the table. Once at the table, however, I don't think many conservatives would have capitulated. Today's liberals, on the other hand, may have responded to the threat of force by just giving in to Hitler, as they seem to want to do when threatened with force by terrorists. (Liberal match ... 1-0 Liberals)
3. We demand land and territory (colonies) for the sustenance of our people, and colonization for our surplus population.Conservatives would hold that all Hitler had to do here was to simply try to work a deal and purchase such territory. The US did this with both Louisiana and Alaska. Again, this seems another situation where the liberals may have just given in. (Liberal match ... 2-0 Liberals)
4. Only a member of the race can be a citizen. A member of the race can only be one who is of German blood, without consideration of creed. Consequently no Jew can be a member of the race.No conservative would approve of this. It's racism plain and simple. Liberals, however, are constantly trying to assign greater value to one race or more of Americans over others. Listen to Louis Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson (both liberals) virtually any time, and you will see the race-baiting (Liberal match ... 3-0 Liberals)
5. Whoever has no citizenship is to be able to live in Germany only as a guest, and must be under the authority of legislation for foreigners.Here's a concept that seems pretty "conservative" on the surface. After all, we conservatives are staunchly anti-illegal immigration. We are, however, just as staunchly PRO-LEGAL immigration. Using nice words like "guest" doesn't change the fact that Hitler meant to torture and kill the foreigners living in Germany, especially the Jews. (Sorry Libs, no match ... still 3-0 Liberals)
6. The right to determine matters concerning administration and law belongs only to the citizen. Therefore we demand that every public office, of any sort whatsoever, whether in the Reich, the county or municipality, be filled only by citizens. We combat the corrupting parliamentary economy, office-holding only according to party inclinations without consideration of character or abilities.Public office should only be held by citizens. Fair enough. Hitler's position that "office-holding only according to party inclinations without consideration of character or abilities" is right in and of itself. However, we all know what happened when he rose to power. Everyone was expected to govern according to party inclinations. Since the statement itself is basically in line with conservative ideals, conservative match. (3-1 Liberals)
7. We demand that the state be charged first with providing the opportunity for a livelihood and way of life for the citizens. If it is impossible to sustain the total population of the State, then the members of foreign nations (non-citizens) are to be expelled from the Reich.While I will admit that there aren't any conservatives or liberals trying to chase non-citizens out of the US just because we have enough people here to do the jobs they would do, the liberals in America do believe that the state's first responsibility is "providing the opportunity for a livelihood and way of life for the citizens." (Liberal match ... 4-1 Liberals)
8. Any further immigration of non-citizens is to be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans, who have immigrated to Germany since the 2 August 1914, be forced immediately to leave the Reich.Again, neither conservatives nor liberals would advocate this policy. Conservatives do advocate that foreigners obey immigration laws when they enter the country, but no one is advocating legal aliens being chased away.
9. All citizens must have equal rights and obligations.Citizens by Hitler's definition, of course. Both conservatives and liberals would agree with this in concept, though liberals do try to create rights out of thin air and try to apply various rights unequally. I'll cut the libs a break here and not award a match, since they would at least SAY they agree.
10. The first obligation of every citizen must be to work both spiritually and physically. The activity of individuals is not to counteract the interests of the universality, but must have its result within the framework of the whole for the benefit of all.To each according to his need ... from each according to his ability. A LIBERAL concept. (Liberal match ... 5-1 Liberals)
Consequently we demand:Equalization of economic outcome - another LIBERAL concept. (Liberal match ... 6-1 Liberals)
11. Abolition of unearned (work and labour) incomes. Breaking of rent-slavery.
12. In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.Confiscation of income simply because SOMEBODY IN PARTICULAR didn't like the way it was earned ... LIBERAL concept. (Liberal match ... 7-1 Liberals)
13. We demand the nationalization of all (previous) associated industries (trusts).Nationalization of everything, especially industry ... LIBERAL concept. (Liberal match ... 8-1 Liberals)
14. We demand a division of profits of all heavy industries.Redistribution of wealth ... Hillary Clinton's favorite idea. (Liberal match ... 9-1 Liberals)
15. We demand an expansion on a large scale of old age welfare.Expansion of Socialist Security! LIBERAL. (Liberal match ... 10-1 Liberals)
16. We demand the creation of a healthy middle class and its conservation,Coontrolling who does and doesn't have money; government takeover of businesses ... LIBERAL. (Liberal match ... 11-1 Liberals)
immediate communalization of the great warehouses and their being leased at low cost to small firms, the utmost consideration of all small firms in contracts
with the State, county or municipality.
17. We demand a land reform suitable to our needs, provision of a law for the free expropriation of land for the purposes of public utility, abolition of taxes on land and prevention of all speculation in land.Free expropriation of land and abolition of land speculation ... LIBERAL. (Liberal match ... 12-1 Liberals). Abolition of a tax? Conservative! (Conservative match ... 12-2 Liberals)
18. We demand struggle without consideration against those whose activity is injurious to the general interest. Common national criminals, usurers, Schieber and so forth are to be punished with death, without consideration of confession or race.Punish by death anyone who disagrees with the government. While the liberals would love to advocate this, there are too many anti-death penalty people among them for any of them to admit it. Conservatives welcome opposing opinions, and a lot of liberals do, too. Of course, conservatives generally tend to be the ones wanting to cut back the government.
19. We demand substitution of a German common law in place of the Roman Law serving a materialistic world-order.Bemoaning a "materialistic world-order" seems kinda liberal to me. (Liberal match ... 13-2 Liberals)
20. The state is to be responsible for a fundamental reconstruction of our whole national education program, to enable every capable and industrious German to obtain higher education and subsequently introduction into leading positions. The plans of instruction of all educational institutions are to conform with the experiences of practical life. The comprehension of the concept of the State must be striven for by the school [Staatsbuergerkunde] as early as the beginning of understanding. We demand the education at the expense of the State of outstanding intellectually gifted children of poor parents without consideration of position or profession.Sounds good on the surface, just like NCLB. The real problem here is that when you turn something as important as education over to the government, you run the risk of extremist thought in the government making its way into the schools and hurting the very people you are trying to help. This is true with virtually every government program, but the problems caused by centralized education in America are obvious. I wonder if it was also true for Nazi Germany. Of course, the liberals have largely been the beneficiaries of America's failed education system, and they consistently call for more government intrusion and intervention. (Liberal match ... 14-2 Liberals)
21. The State is to care for the elevating national health by protecting the mother and child, by outlawing child-labor, by the encouragement of physical fitness, by means of the legal establishment of a gymnastic and sport obligation, by the utmost support of all organizations concerned with the physical instruction of the young.Hillary-Care on one hand, pro-life on the other. (One match each ... 15-3 Liberals)
22. We demand abolition of the mercenary troops and formation of a national army.If the Germans wanted a national army, I doubt any conservative or liberal would have stood in their way.
23. We demand legal opposition to known lies and their promulgation through the press. In order to enable the provision of a German press, we demand, that: a. All writers and employees of the newspapers appearing in the German language be members of the race: b. Non-German newspapers be required to have the express permission of the State to be published. They may not be printed in the German language: c. Non-Germans are forbidden by law any financial interest in German publications, or any influence on them, and as punishment for violations the closing of such a publication as well as the immediate expulsion from the Reich of the non-German concerned. Publications which are counter to the general good are to be forbidden. We demand legal prosecution of artistic and literary forms which exert a destructive influence on our national life, and the closure of organizations opposing the above made demands.While McCain-Feingold did this very same thing, I still doubt most Americans, liberal or conservative, would really support this kind of censorship.
24. We demand freedom of religion for all religious denominations within the state so long as they do not endanger its existence or oppose the moral senses of the Germanic race. The Party as such advocates the standpoint of a positive Christianity without binding itself confessionally to any one denomination. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit within and around us, and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our nation can only succeed from within on the framework: common utility precedes individual utility.Translation: If we decide your religion is evil, it's evil, and you can't practice freely. This is the ACLU's credo. (Liberal match ... 16-3 Liberals)
25. For the execution of all of this we demand the formation of a strong central power in the Reich. Unlimited authority of the central parliament over the whole Reich and its organizations in general. The forming of state and profession chambers for the execution of the laws made by the Reich within the various states of the confederation. The leaders of the Party promise, if necessary by sacrificing their own lives, to support by the execution of the points set forth above without consideration.Setting up a big all-powerful government and telling everyone to toe the line or else is just soooo Clintonian. Conservatives cringe at the mere thought of this sort of thing. The government that governs best governs least. (Liberal match ... 17-3 Liberals)
American liberal philosophy matches 17 out of the 25 Points of the Nazi platform. American conservative philosophy matches only 3. Two of these were "double-matches", where both sides would have agreed with the Nazis. There were seven points that were so loony even the Donks wouldn't have agreed.
Now, I haven't called ANYONE a Nazi on this blog in this, or any other, post. I have, however, seen fellow conservatives receive this accusation, but never a liberal. Could it be the liberals are lying about conservatives on this point, too?