Sunday, February 18, 2007
OK it's official. Barack Obama is running for President.
Not that it's any suprise. That seems to be the Senators' thing to do these days, and the way the MSM fawned all over Obama at the 2004 DNC convention, you'd think he already WAS the President of the United States.
After reading Ann Coulter's column this week, I decided to have a look-see into the actual speech given by Obama when he announced. This guy's so full of it he could fertilize all the farms in the US from now to the 2008 election.
By the time there was any substance at all to his speech, he was invoking the name of one of the greatest presidents in our history.
And that is why, in the shadow of the Old State Capitol, where Lincoln once called on a divided house to stand together, where common hopes and common dreams still, I stand before you today to announce my candidacy for President of the United States.As if "B.O." has anywhere near that sort of potential. HA. Then he said this:
I recognize there is a certain presumptuousness - a certain audacity - to this announcement.I'd say there's defintiely a certain audacity in invoking the name of a great Republican when you're announcing your candidacy for the Democrat Party, chnges over time notwithstanding. Here's what he said about the Founders:
The genius of our founders is that they designed a system of government that can be changed.How's THAT for silly Donk philosophy? Our founders' genius lies in the "flexibility" of the government they set up.
Barack, I have news for you: very big news. The genius of our founders is that they designed a system of government that made the people of this great country the most powerful level of government, while making the fed the weakest. How can you call yourself a "constitutional scholar" and spew this sickness in the very same speech? Here's that whole paragraph. It's really kind of sick.
The genius of our founders is that they designed a system of government that can be changed. And we should take heart, because we've changed this country before. In the face of tyranny, a band of patriots brought an Empire to its knees. In the face of secession, we unified a nation and set the captives free. In the face of Depression, we put people back to work and lifted millions out of poverty. We welcomed immigrants to our shores, we opened railroads to the west, we landed a man on the moon, and we heard a King's call to let justice roll down like water, and righteousness like a mighty stream.So we're to believe that while we are proud to have brought an empire to its knees (Revolutionary War), unified a nation without slavery (Civil War), and put people back to work lifting millions out of poverty (Second World War), we should trust ANY candidate that is nominated by this anti-war party? Now THAT is sick.
Each and every time, a new generation has risen up and done what's needed to be done. Today we are called once more - and it is time for our generation to answer that call.
Furthermore, Obama has stood against the War on Terror especially the Iraq front, except for one stance against surrender in June 2006.
* Longtime critic of Iraq war. (Nov 2006)What are we supposed to do with THAT? He gives us a tribute to great wartime Americans and a great wartime president, and we're supposed to elect him with his anti-war record? Sick.
* Saddam did not own and was not providing WMD to terrorists. (Oct 2004)
* Initial military was extraordinarily successful in Iraq. (Oct 2004)
* Invading Iraq was a bad strategic blunder. (Oct 2004)
* We must make sure that Iraq is stable having gone in there. (Oct 2004)
* Advance the training speed and get the reconstruction moving. (Oct 2004)
* Democratizing Iraq will be more difficult than Afghanistan. (Oct 2004)
* Terrorists are in Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Iran. (Oct 2004)
* Never fudge numbers or shade the truth about war. (Jul 2004)
* Set a new tone to internationalize the Iraqi reconstruction. (Jul 2004)
* Iraq war was sincere but misguided, ideologically driven. (Jul 2004)
* Would have voted no to authorize the President to go to war. (Jul 2004)
* Problems with current Israeli policy. (Jul 2004)
* Not opposed to all wars, but opposed to the war in Iraq. (Jul 2004)
* International voice in Iraq in exchange for debt forgiveness. (Jul 2004)
* Engage North Korea in 6-party talks. (Jul 2004)
* Use moral authority to work towards Middle East peace. (Jul 2004)
* Voted NO on redeploying troops out of Iraq by July 2007. (Jun 2006)
* Voted YES on investigating contract awards in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Nov 2005)
Click on that same link for a look at how well Obama lives up to what he says here:
I became a civil rights lawyer, and taught constitutional law...How qualified is this man to teach constitutional law? Well, let's check it out, shall we?
* Supports Roe v. Wade. (Jul 1998)Oh. Here's a cute one -
* Supports federal programs to protect rural economy. (May 2004)
* Voted NO on $40B in reduced federal overall spending. (Dec 2005)
* Supports affirmative action in colleges and government. (Jul 1998)
* Tax incentives for corporate responsibility. (Jun 2004)
* Close tax loopholes for US companies relocating abroad. (Jun 2004)
* REAL USA Plan: Reward companies that create domestic jobs. (Jun 2004)
* Guarantee affordable life-long, top-notch education. (Jun 2006)
* Sponsored legislations that recruit and reward good teachers. (Sep 2004)
* Provide decent funding and get rid of anti-intellectualism. (Jul 2004)
* Address the growing achievement gap between students. (May 2004)
* Will add 25,000 teachers in high-need areas. (May 2004)
* Free public college for any student with B-average. (Jul 1998)
* Voted YES on $52M for "21st century community learning centers". (Oct 2005)
* Voted YES on $5B for grants to local educational agencies. (Oct 2005)
* 3-way win: economy, environment, & stop funding terror. (Jun 2006)Hypocrite. Anyway, back to Barack's unconstitutional scholarship:
* Voted YES on disallowing an oil leasing program in Alaska's AMWR. (Nov 2005)
* Voted YES on banning drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. (Mar 2005)
*Voted YES on including oil & gas smokestacks in mercury regulations. (Sep 2005)I wouldn't trust this guy to teach constitutional law to my trash can. Here's some more hypocrisy, this time on Iraq:
* Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
* Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
* Health care tied to balancing costs and taxes nation wide. (Jun 2006)
* Allowing seniors to bulk purchase will save taxpayers' money. (Oct 2004)
* Crises happen in our lives and healthcare is necessary. (Oct 2004)
* Believes health care is a right, not a privilege for the few. (Sep 2004)
* Lead global fight against AIDS. (Jul 2004)
* Allow prescription drug re-importation. (May 2004)
* Will expand health coverage & allow meds to be re-imported. (May 2004)
* Ensure access to basic care. (Jul 1998)
* Voted YES on expanding enrollment period for Medicare Part D. (Feb 2006)
* Voted YES on increasing Medicaid rebate for producing generics. (Nov 2005)
* Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act. (Mar 2006)
* Extend welfare and Medicaid to immigrants. (Jul 1998)
* Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006)
* Overrode federal overtime rules and raised the minimum wage. (Sep 2004)
* Make sure that African-American men have access to jobs. (Jul 2004)
* Fund Trade Adjustment Assistance for service workers too. (Jun 2004)
* Increase IL minimum wage to $6.50 an hour. (Jun 2004)
* Obama will strengthen unions and workers? rights. (May 2004)
* Voted YES on raising the minimum wage to $7.25 rather than $6.25. (Mar 2005)
* Voted NO on permanently repealing the 'death tax'. (Jun 2006)
* Voted YES on $47B for military by repealing capital gains tax cut. (Feb 2006)
* $100M increase in IL Earned Income Tax Credit. (Jun 2004)
* Initial military was extraordinarily successful in Iraq. (Oct 2004)Watching this guy square off against Hitlery is going to be LOTS of fun. I wonder who will win the contest of trying to "out-liberal" the other, given both's strong tendencies toward unconstitutional socialism.
* Invading Iraq was a bad strategic blunder. (Oct 2004)
Of course, no one wonders who will win the primary.