Saturday, November 03, 2007
I had a few thoughts this week, and wanted to see if I could put together a little quiz, since there are so many on the Internet today ...
Which of each pair of statements are you more inclined to agree with?
1. a. It is the responsibility of the state to provide the opportunity for a livelihood and way of life for the citizens.
b. It is the responsibility of the people to provide for themselves and their families.
2. a. The US government should be responsible for elevating national health standards.
b. Americans would be better served with less government intervention in the health system.
3. a. Unearned income should be taxed at a high percentage.
b. Taxing dividends discourages investment and hurts the economy.
4. a. Business should be heavily taxed, regulated, or controlled outright by the government.
b. The government should avoid involvement in any business matters.
5. a. Freedom of religion for all religious denominations is ok so long as they do not oppose the moral senses of any non-religious person.
b. Thre should be no restrictions on the freedom of religion.
6. a. Anything that can be done to help Social Security do more for seniors should be done, and without hesitation.
b. Social Security was a bad idea in the first place, and should be done away with.
7. a. We should insist upon a healthy middle class and its conservation.
b. The middle class is completely capable of maintaining its own economic health, as well as increasing its prosperity on its own.
8. a. For the purposes of public utility, it is acceptable for the government to expropriate land from private citizens, as was done in Kelo v. New London.
b. Kelo v. New London was an unacceptable violation of citizens' constitutional rights.
9. a. We should substitute a common law in place of the materialistic world-order that has been brought about by American capitalism.
b. There is nothing wrong with a little materialism in life. It does a body good!
10. a. The US government should be responsible for our whole national education program, to enable every capable and industrious American to obtain higher education.
b. The US government would be wise to vacate its current involvement in the education system, and leave the business of educating kids to the States.
Just curious to see how my readers, liberal and conservative alike, think. Please answer in the comment area.